Recognition by Health Funds – 28.3.2011
Download a copy here.
Most funds grant automatic provider registration for homeopathic practitioners registered with AROH. You should contact individually, any fund not listed below, for which you require provider status.
Unless indicated below, the fund will use your AROH registration number as your provider number.
Please note that in accordance with Private Health Insurance legislation, AROH is required to remove you from the monthly returns sent to the Health Funds, if:-
- Your registration with AROH lapses or you take Leave of Absence
- You do not send AROH a copy of your professional insurance as it is renewed
- You do not send AROH a copy of your 1st aid certificate as it is renewed
- Your CPD is not up to date
Practitioners who are removed from the health fund listings for any of the above reasons, may not qualify for reinstatement of their provider status with some funds.
Many health funds regularly change their rules of provider recognition. Please take this into account when relying on the currency of this document. In most cases where a patient’s rebate is declined by the health fund, the error has occurred with the counter staff at the fund. In these cases, it is best to point out that the practitioner is registered with AROH, and that the fund receives monthly updates from AROH. Rebates paid will be dependant on the patient’s individual level of coverage for homoeopathy.
- American Express Member Health
- Australian Health Management Group, comprising the following health funds:-
- Aust Country Health
- Aust Union Health
- Aust Health Management
- Illawarra Health Fund
- Australian Regional Health Management Group.
Your provider number consists of the letters RH then your AROH registration number, then H eg if your AROH registration number is 00-999, your ARHG provider number is RH00999H. ARHG provides data to the following funds:-
- ACA Health Benefits
- Cessnock District Health Benefits Fund
- Defence Health
- Health Care Insurance Ltd
- Health Insurance Fund (WA)
- Health Partners
- Latrobe Health Services
- Lysaght Peoplecare
- Navy Health Fund
- Phoenix Health Fund
- Queensland Country Health
- rt health fund
- Reserve Bank Health Society
- St Luke’s Health
- Teachers’ Federation Health
- Teachers’ Union Health
- Transport Health
- United Ancient Order of Druids Friendly Society Victoria
- Aust Union Health
- Australian Unity
- CBHS Health Fund
- CUA Health
- GMF Health
- Grand United Health Fund (this fund has merged with Australian Unity from 1 October 2005)
- HBA - This fund includes:
- ANZ Health
- Cardmember Health Insurance Plan
- Healthcover Direct
- Mutual Community.
- HBF (WA) – WA practitioners will be contacted by HBF upon registration with AROH, to confirm whether they wish to be granted provider status.
HCF no longer issue provider numbers, but use your AROH registration number for identification. Provider status is granted only to the following practitioners:-
-Those who registered individually with HCF prior to 30/6/2000-Those who have completed the AROH Recognition of Current Competencies test
-Those who have a medical degree obtained in the United Kingdom or India, which has been assessed as equivalent to Australian degree standard by VETASSESS (NOOSR accepted if assessment done prior to 15th August, 2010)
-Those who have completed HLT60607 - Advanced Diploma of Homoeopathy
- IOR Criteria as per HCF
- Manchester Unity
- Medibank Private – The fund will issue each practitioner with an individual provider number for each practice address.
- Mercantile Mutual
- Mitchell Community Health (SA & NT)
NIB – Provider status is granted only to the following practitioners:-
- Those who have completed HLT60602 OR HLT60607, Advanced Diploma of Homoeopathy
- Those with overseas qualifications that have been assessed as equivalent to Australian degree standard by VETASSESS (NOOSR accepted if assessment done prior to 15th August, 2010)
- Those who were granted provider status prior to 1st August 2006, who have maintained their registration,
uninterrupted (including CPD, Professional Indemnity Insurance and First Aid).
- NIB will not grant provider status to those practitioners who registered after 1st August 2006 by
- Those who were granted provider status prior to 1st August 2006, who have been on approved Leave of Absence.
completing the AROH Recognition of Current Competencies test.
- NRMA (MBF)
- SGIC Health (MBF)
- SGIO Health (MBF)
- St. Luke’s Health