Overseas practitioner application for registration with the Australian Register of Homœopaths Ltd.
Practitioners with Overseas Qualifications
The Australian Register of Homœopaths Ltd. (AROH) does not currently have reciprocal arrangements for recognition of qualifications gained overseas.
If you are a practitioner with overseas qualifications, to gain registration with AROH you should complete the following process:
1. Apply to the VETASSESS for evaluation of your qualifications
Applicants with overseas qualifications recognised by VETASSESS as equivalent to
Australian degree standard or higher should apply to VETASSESS for the Complementary Health Therapy Assessment.
The direct link to the information can be found at:
http://www.vetassess.com.au/skills-assessment and go to CAM link on that page (accessed 15/02/16)
VETASSESS - under the category “Homeopathy”
Level 5, 478 Albert Street
East Melbourne VIC 3002
Phone: 61 3 9655 4801
Fax: 61 3 9654 3385
Once the VETASSESS evaluation has been completed
2. Apply to AROH for Recognition of Current Competency (RCC):
Application for assessment of your RCC should be made using the
A fee of $250 applies, which includes a non-refundable administration fee of $50.
Documentation to accompany your RCC consent form:
• A copy of your qualification certified by a Justice of the Peace
• A statement of Academic Transcript/VETASSESS documentation certified by a Justice of the Peace
• If the fee was paid by direct debit please attach copy of the receipt.
3. You will be assigned an AROH RCC assessor.
The RCC assessment must be undertaken by an AROH appointed assessor, who meets the following criteria:
• Is an AROH registrant
• Is appointed by AROH to carry out the RCC
• The AROH RCC assessor holds a current TAE Cert IV and any TAE updates required to stay current as an assessor
• The basis of the RCC assessment must be the National Competency Standards for Homoeopathy (1999).
4. RCC assessment
AROH will organise the RCC assessment with you and the appointed assessor, once the fee and consent form are received.
5. AROH registration
Once you have successfully applied to VETASSESS for an evaluation of your qualifications and you have completed the RCC assessment successfully, you can apply to AROH for registration using the following process:
Your application to AROH for registration should include
• The AROH application form which can be downloaded from www.aroh.com.au
• The annual fee
• A copy of your Professional Indemnity Insurance ensuring that the certificate of currency shows the modality of homoeopathy listed on the policy (if insurer requires AROH registration number, then provisional registration may be granted providing all other requirements have been met. AROH registration will be active from date your insurance policy begins)
• A Current Senior First Aid Certificate (Level II)
6. Once you have gained AROH registration you must
• Maintain annual professional indemnity insurance
• Hold a current first-aid certificate
• Provide evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) annually. The CPD policy document, which includes a list of approved activities, can be downloaded from the “Policies and Guidelines” page on the AROH website.
Issues related to Health Fund Provider status
• Currently health funds do not provide recognition of homeopathy, as at 01.04.19Thank you for applying for registration with AROH.